Plumbing Code of Australia – Victoria
It is required to comply with this code if you wish to work as a Plumber in the state of Victoria.
The Plumbing Code of Australia covers the technical provisions for the installation, design, replacement, repair, alteration, maintenance and construction of:
- water services
- sanitary plumbing and drainage systems
- stormwater drainage systems
- heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- on-site wastewater management systems
- on-site liquid trade waste management systems.
The Plumbing Industry Commission, through the Plumbing Regulations, has modified the Code. These changes include:
- not adopting work or design that relates to a subsoil drain as part of the Code
- not adopting the design, construction, replacement of stormwater pits, below-ground storage or retention tanks as part of the Code
- changing all references to a plumbing or drainage installation as a plumbing or drainage system.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required by your business.
Code of Practice
A code of practice is a set of rules which details how people in a certain industry should behave. A code of practice can be defined as a result of legislation or by industry regulators and bodies.
Building Act 1993 VIC
Plumbing Regulations 2018 VIC
Victorian Building Authority
Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.
|Operating address:||Goods Shed North
733 Bourke Street
Docklands, Victoria 3008
|Mailing address:||PO BOX 536
Melbourne, Victoria 3001
|Phone:||1300 815 127|
|Fax:||03 9618 9062|
|Website:||Victorian Building Authority(Opens in new window)|